Mardi Himal Base Camp is a newly opened trek, which means you get the advantage of spectacular views of the Annapurna range without the crowds. Over five days you will walk through rhododendron forests, and along grassy ridges covered in rolling clouds and wildflowers. Along the trail you will meet yaks, goats and buffalo. As the trail winds around, the awesome Machhapuchare (Fishtail Mountain) sporadically comes into sight. Teahouses are situated along the trail, offering basic accommodation with superb views and a great place to rest and eat after a hard day’s trekking. This trek requires moderate fitness, as each day involves 3-6 hours walking, sometimes with steep ascents. From the Mardi Himal Base Camp and the Viewpoint, a range of snowcapped mountains come into sight, which is magnificent to behold. The return trail follows bubbling brooks through tranquil forests then provides wonderful views of lush valleys and rice fields, before winding through a local village where smiling children greet passersby.
Our representative will pick you up at the international airport and drive you to the hotel. After then we will take a meandering evening walk through Kathmandu’s heritage sites, and get acquainted with one another over dinner together.
Today we will spend the day discovering medieval Kathmandu. Venture into Pashupatinath and visit Nepal’s largest Buddhist stupa, the Boudhanath Stupa. Later after noon we will visit monkey temple and then stroll around durbar squares in the evening. Overnight stay at hotel near Thamel.
We will take tourist bus at 7 am from Kathmandu to Pokhara. Driving along the Trisuli and Marsyangdi river to pokhara.
We will drive first to kande about an hour and start walking steep uphill to Australian base camp and walk down to Pothana
After breakfast we will walk through dense rhododendron forest with nice view of Fish tail,Annapurna south, Himchuli and Pokhara valley.
Today we will ascend with magnificent views through forest. After lunch in Low camp to we will head to Middle camp and over night at Hotel.
The plan is to wake up early morning and hike to base camp for sunrise and mountain view of Fishtail, Mardi Himal, Annapurna South and more.
On the way back we take a different route so completing a circuit, from Low Camp there is a trail that goes down to Siding village rather than going back down Mardi Himal back to Kokar. Siding is a traditional Nepalese village and still very much away from the busier modern tourist treks and it is likely you will stay at a homestay in Siding owned by the person who runs one of the lodges at Low Camp. It is a wonderful cultural experience finding out more about village life and you will probably eat dhal baht in the evening with the family in their kitchen.
From Siding you walk out to the road head at Lumre, on the way from Siding you will pass the villages of Kalimati and Ghalel. Kalimati is mainly a Brahmin village with Ghalel and Siding mixed Brahmin and Gurung. At Lumre you will meet jeep organised by Wilderness Excursion in advance to drive you back to Pokhara.
We will take bus early morning at 7:30 am. we will have some breakfast and lunch break. it will take 6/7 hours to reach kathmandu.
Includes & Excludes
- Airport pick up/ drop in comfortable private vehicle
- 2 night hotel accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast
- All ground transportation in comfortable vehicle as per itinerary
- Tea House twin sharing accommodation during the trek
- All Meals breakfast, Lunch and dinner with tea and coffee
- One English speaking, highly experienced trekking guide with government-license
- Porter to carry luggage (2 trekkers : 1 porter) – their expenses including salary, food, accommodation, accident insurance, equipment
- All necessary paperwork and ACAP permit
- TIMS Fee-trekker’s management system (2 pp size photo needed)
- Duffel bag, Down Jacket and sleeping only for trekking use
- First aid medicine kit box
- Necessary Govt. and local tax
- Office service charge
- Nepalese Visa fee
- International airfare to Kathmandu and out
- Personal expenses phone call, bar bills, bottled water,WiFi internet, battery charges,
- Personal trekking equipment
- Snacks and dessert
- Extra night accommodation and meals in city
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Tips and appreciation for trekking staff and drivers
Departure Dates for Mardi Himal Trek - 10 days
Trip reviewsWrite a Review No reviews yet. Be the first and write about your experience by clicking the Write a review button above.
Best Selling Packages for 2020/21