- Gaze at the world’s tallest mountain Everest 8850m
- Discover the diverse flora and fauna of Sagarmatha national park
- Get the stunning mountain views of Lhotse 8516m and Amadablam 6812m
- Perfect terrain for trekking in the Himalayas
- Experience the rich Sherpa culture
Sagarmatha trek is a 6 days trek in the Sagarmatha National Park (1,148 km2) of Nepal. The trek offers great views of Everest 8850m, Lhotse and Amadablam. The major highlights of the trek includes exploring the largest monastery in Khumbu region,Tengboche Monastery at an elevation of 3,867 m. The panoramic views of Everest Nuptse, Lhotse, Tawache, Ama Dablam, Thamserku and other peaks from Tengboche give any trekker the moments to cherish for lifetime.
Apart from magnificent panoramic views the trek offers wonderful exploration of rich Sherpa culture and Buddhism practices in Everest region. The warm hospitality of Sherpa community during the trek gives homely feeling to any trekker. Further, the walk along Sagarmatha National Park enjoying its natural richness completely amazes the trekkers. The short pleasant trek to Khumjung village from Namche to explore largest school in Khumbu region is another major highlight of this trek. Sagarmatha Trek is an ideal package for trekkers who want to explore the Himalayan beauty in world famous Everest region through a more comfortable walk along the easy trails.
Early morning today your guide will pick you up from you inn and drive you to the airport. Then you will take a 40 minutes scenic flight to Lukla which offers amazing views of the Himalayas on the north. From Lukla you will start descending trek to the Dudh Koshi river. You will trek along the river crossing its tributaries several times encountering travelers, yaks and local people. Then you will reach the village of Phakding where you will stay overnight.
You will trek further through subtropical forest rich in rhododendrons and birch vegetations. You cross one of the tributary of Dudh Koshi river and trek up to Namche Bazar. You can get distant view of mount Everest and Lhotse range on the way to Namche. You will stay overnight in Namche Bazar.
Today you will trek down to Dudhkoshi river through rhododendron forest and climb up to Tengboche. Tengboche is the last village on our trek which offers stunning views of mount Everest, Lhotse and Amadablam on the north. You will visit Tengboche monastery and afterwards your guide will lead you to some of the amazing view points of Tengboche. You will stay overnight in Tengboche enjoying the most rewarding day of your trek.
You will wake up early in the morning to admire the magnificent mountain views. After having an amazing breakfast on the laps of mountain you will start trekking back following the same trail. You will trek down through the dense rhododendron forest stopping by several tea houses taking rest and having tea. You will get to Namche Bazar before evening, afterward your guide will lead you to explore this ancient Sherpa marketplace.
Early morning after breakfast you will descend down to the river Dudh Koshi, cross its several tributaries. Along the way you can see many Sherpa settlements and encounter with other tourists, people and domestic animals. You will get to Lukla by the evening for staying overnight.
You will take an early morning flight to Kathmandu and drive to your hotel. You have option to relax or stroll out in the city doing range of activities. In the evening you will be invited for the farewell dinner from the team of Trek Around Himalayas.
Includes & Excludes
- Airport pick up/ drop in comfortable private vehicle
- All ground transportation in comfortable vehicle as per itinerary
- Domestic flight to Lukla and Kathmandu
- Tea House twin sharing accommodation during the trek
- All Meals breakfast, Lunch and dinner with tea and coffee
- One English speaking, highly experienced trekking guide with government-license
- Porter to carry luggage (2 trekkers : 1 porter) – their expenses including salary, food, accommodation, accident insurance, equipment
- All necessary paperwork and sagarmatha national park permit
- TIMS Fee-trekker’s management system (2 pp size photo needed)
- Duffel bag, Down Jacket and sleeping only for trekking use
- First aid medicine kit box
- Necessary Govt. and local tax
- Office service charge
- Nepalese Visa fee
- International airfare to Kathmandu and out
- Personal expenses phone call, bar bills,bottled water, WiFi internet, battery charges, Hot shower
- Personal trekking equipment
- Snacks and dessert
- Extra night accommodation and meals in city
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Tips and appreciation for trekking staff and drivers
Departure Dates for Sagarmatha Trek - 6 days
Trip reviewsWrite a Review No reviews yet. Be the first and write about your experience by clicking the Write a review button above.
Best Selling Packages for 2020/21