The Ghorepani Poonhill trek is for those with short time to experience beauty of the Himalayas. This is the most visited trekking destination of Nepal. The trekking trail runs through the scattered Gurung settlements along the Modi river to Tikhedhunga. From there you will trek up to Ghorepani via Ullerri through beautiful Rhododendron and Oak forest. After getting Ghorepani you will go on early morning hike to Poonhill (3210m). It offers stunning views of the Annapurna range, Dhaulagiri, Nilgiri, Tukuche, Varaha Shikhar, and Lamjung Himal. After then you will continue trekking to Tadapani and Ghandruk village enjoying dramatic mountain views. During the trek your guide will tell you interesting details about the region. You will get to enjoy the warm Nepalese hospitality and make lifetime memories on Ghorepani Poonhill trek.
Our representative will pick you up at the international airport and drive you to the hotel. After then you will take a meandering evening walk with your guide through Kathmandu’s heritage sites, and get acquainted with one another over dinner together.
Today you will spend the day discovering medieval Kathmandu. Venture into Pashupatinath and visit Nepal’s largest Buddhist stupa, the Boudhanath Stupa. Later after noon you will visit monkey temple and then stroll around durbar squares in the evening. Overnight stay at hotel near Thamel.
After having breakfast at your hotel you will take a morning flight to Pokhara at around 8 am. Then you will take a drive to Nayapul and start trekking along side the Modi river to Tikhedhunga. You will be accompanied by several waterfalls in the way. You will stay overnight in a tea house in Ulleri.
Today you will trek through dense rhododendron forest and old oak woods. You will stay overnight in a beautiful Ghorepani village.
Today early in the morning we will trek up to Poon hill. From here you can get panoramic views of mount Annapurna, Machhapuchhere and Dhaulagiri. After then we will trek back to Ghorepani and continue to Tadapani. You will trek through sub tropical forests enjoying mesmerizing views of landscape and mountains. You will stay overnight in Tadapani.
After having a breakfast in Tadapani, you will continue trekking through thick rhododendron forest accompanied by breathtaking views of mountains and landscape. By the end of the day you will reach to Gurung village Ghandruk and stay overnight.
Today will descend down to Birethati and trek back along the river Modi to Nayapul. After then you will take a drive back to Pokhara and stay overnight in a hotel in Lakeside area.
You will fly back to Kathmandu and drive to your preferred hotel. Then, rest of the day your guide will take you around the major places of Kathmandu. In the evening we will have a farewell dinner.
Make the most of your last minutes in Kathmandu with breakfast in a bistro, a city walk, and additionally trinket shopping. Your guide will meet you at your inn and drive you to the airport two hours before the scheduled flight.
Includes & Excludes
- Airport pick up/ drop in comfortable private vehicle
- 2 nights hotel accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast
- All ground transportation in comfortable vehicle as per itinerary
- Tea House twin sharing accommodation during the trek
- All Meals breakfast, Lunch and dinner with tea and coffee
- One English speaking, highly experienced trekking guide with government-license
- Porter to carry luggage (2 trekkers : 1 porter) – their expenses including salary, food, accommodation, accident insurance, equipment
- All necessary paperwork, Annapurna conservation Acap permit
- TIMS Fee-trekker’s management system (2 pp size photo needed)
- Early morning Domestic scenic flight to Pokhara
- Duffel bag, Down Jacket and sleeping only for trekking use
- First aid medicine kit box
- Necessary Govt. and local tax
- Office service charge
- Nepalese Visa fee
- International airfare to Kathmandu and out
- Personal Expenses, Phone call, Bar bills, Bottled water, WiFi internet, Laundry service
- Personal trekking equipment
- Snacks and dessert
- Extra night accommodation and meals in city
- Entrance fees in kathmandu sightseeing point
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Tips and appreciation for trekking staff and drivers
Departure Dates for Ghorepani Poonhill Trek - 9 days
Trip reviewsWrite a Review No reviews yet. Be the first and write about your experience by clicking the Write a review button above.
Best Selling Packages for 2020/21